Maintaining plant equipment and field assets is the key critical task in keeping the operation running at an optimal level while controlling costs and driving productivity. It requires a broad and complex mix of SAP data and services to fulfill the requirements of this effort. The users are field personnel, mechanics, supervisors, electricians and operators who are deeply skilled in their operational expertise but struggle with the confusing complexity of the native SAP interface in getting their jobs done.
Zimt’s Applications for Plant Maintenance (ZPlant) have been designed working with “hard hat” users out in the field (and underground). They are tailor fit to the specific needs, possibilities and ease of use they demand to be more productive and effective in keeping the plant running smoothly.
Zimt technology provides breakthrough real time SAP integration, “Zimting” all relevant data records and services needed for work orders, inventory, equipment, vendors, employees and financial tracking by cost centers and cost objects. Using that data baseline, the User Experience is a set of completely remodeled next generation user interface applications that innovate amazing new levels of usability that drive dynamic new efficiency and effectiveness in getting work. Zimt Apps are cloud based for easy deployment and access with off-line synchronization options with the Microsoft Surface Pro.
Zimt’s Plant Maintenance Solution Suite
Zimt’s full footprint ZPlant solution for Plant Equipment Maintenance Management addresses all of the key areas that work together to optimize labor, parts availability, inventory cost, maximize equipment performance, minimize downtime, extend equipment life, boost productivity and ensure the safe, competent use of all equipment by all users.
Equipment Management Control
Comprehensive capability to manage all the details required for the life cycle maintenance of each equipment asset. It integrates directly to the ERP system of record to build the parts lists for each type of service. To assist in performing the asset Service Tasks in the most effective manner, all instruction documents, OEM manuals, graphics and videos are integrated for instant access through Zimt’s cloud based document management
• Metering monitoring by Units (hours, cycles, miles, fuel, etc.) either manually or through 3rd party equipment monitoring tools integration and IoT solutions
• Establish frequency and schedule of various types of services (brakes work, clutch, tires, fluid changes, etc.)
• Full asset lifecycle tracking including warranty on parts used
Plant Maintenance Scheduling
Scheduling when the respective Work Orders should be released and ensuring that the appropriate technician class, tools and parts are lined up is a critical and powerful feature of the ZPlant suite. Periodic Maintenance tied to the current meter reading is used by the ZPlant Scheduler to identify the expected target date for the next work order. The forecasted requirement are then determined based on the Equipment Management record for required resources, tools and parts.
• Predictive and preventative maintenance scheduling
• Unplanned maintenance optimized against the planned schedule
• Predictive Analytics to identify trends and cause analysis to adjust maintenance programs to improve uptime and performance
Maintenance Work Orders
ZPlant Work Orders pull the details built in Equipment Management Control to generate tailored Work Orders for each type of service with the detailed Service Task documents and the required parts list. Zimt’s Parts Sourcing function “Zimts” SAP inventory and logistics to identify parts inventory availability and automatically creates Purchase Requisitions and Intercompany transfers to ensure that the parts will be there when needed.
• Work Order Management integrated real time to SAP
• Work Order generation based on Equipment Manager standard templates
• Manage inventory and parts demand—Zimting SAP in real time
• Robust tracking and analytical reporting on Work Order performance and trends
Zimt’s Time Entry Application (ZTime) provides an integrated system to record time for all Operations personnel, tracked against their activity in the field. With Zimt’s SAP integration, this information is entered using their employee details, then easily recorded against the assigned cost objects managed within SAP.
• Employees can clock in and out on-site
• Mechanics can easily record their time spent against assigned Work Orders serviced
• Operations personnel record it against the cost centers they have been assigned to work
• Supervisors can easily review, adjust and approve
• Pay entry is validated by electronic signatures for regulatory compliance as required
• Payroll interface to quickly validate the information, IM questions, and post to SAP
Parts, Inventory & Logistics
Zimt’s SAP integration provides Operations personnel visibility in real time to where their requested parts are in the procurement process and facilitates them being issued and available to meet the scheduled Service Tasks. It also provides history of the parts issued to the work order against the Asset record so warranties can be analyzed, as well as providing the data for deep analytics for part performance across similar assets and parts within the fleet.
Procure to Pay with Operations Spend Management
Zimt’s P2P with OSM application is fully integrated into the ZPlant suite to facilitate an optimized procurement process in support of keeping the plant Operations running smoothly.
Employee Enablement Module
ZPlant Employee Enablement includes a robust Training Management System (ZTrain) for ensuring that your operators and mechanics are trained and in compliance with their certifications, safety and competency requirements. Additional features provide robust communication and reporting tools including:
• Integrated WorkGroup communications to easily IM and email team members
• Strong reporting and deep analytics capabilities
• Integrated document management and workflow notifications
Supplier Collaboration Portal
Zimt’s Supplier Portal offers the ability to extend system access direct to your key Suppliers and Contractors to dramatically improve their ability to communicate, support and interact with your Operations team.
• Digitally re-order parts and receive notification on shipment status and electronic invoicing
• Contractor time entry directly into the system validated against POs, Contracts and the specific Work Orders or Project tasks they worked on, creating electronic service invoices.
• Zimt’s Training System integration can provide full visibility to the Contractor’s team members to track they are appropriately trained and in compliance when they show up on site.